The complex challenges faced by today’s healthcare organizations are compounded by massive volumes of data emanating from a nearly unlimited set of structured and unstructured sources. Enterprises must harmonize data elements originating in databases, warehouses, data-lakes, medical devices, transaction applications, and even spreadsheets to adequately feed and augment analytic tools intended to generate actionable insights.
Without the right information management capabilities enabled by the right enterprise interoperability tools, a definitive path to positive change for healthcare organizations is simply not attainable.
Anzo® automates mundane IT tasks, modernizes and future-proofs your data infrastructure via open standards, leverages flexible data structures such as graph, and produces semantically interoperable layers of knowledge that accelerate comprehensive insights from all sources of business, patient and clinical data.
Our Healthcare Enterprise Solutions enable & inspire digital advancements that:
The Anzo platform is the backbone for a new set of approaches for data interoperability, analysis, and insights-driven enterprise business models; resolving today’s challenges and facilitating strategies for the future of the modern, digital healthcare enterprise.
Watch this online panel discussion of the benefits of applying an Enterprise Data Fabric to Healthcare organizations. This discussion is moderated by Cambridge Semantics’ Jamie Powers, Senior Director, Healthcare & Life Science Applications, featuring Pete Ball, Licensing Manager at Mayo Clinic Ventures, Ted DellaVecchia, CEO & Managing Partner, Symbotix and Alan Morrison, Sr. Research Fellow and Sector Editor, Emerging Tech, at PwC.
- Enterprise innovation and collaboration across all service lines and divisions
- Modernize and future-proof your IT / data infrastructure
- Turn hard-to-access data into valuable assets available when and how you need in current workflow
- Reduce dependency on proprietary HIT vendor(s)
- Streamline and integrate internal operations
- Common language strengthens internal & external business interactions
- Become “easier to do business with”
- Reduce IT Debt and improve speed/agility to new business solutions
- Integrate disparate EMRs
- Business agility for new strategies and or operating models
- Influence clinical outcomes and improve cost of care via quality
- Access to all systems and applications via unified platform for the enterprise
- Leverage analytics as a core competency, advancing AI and ML initiatives
- Interoperable partner and network collaborations
- Create and maintain contextualized relationships with patients and other consumers of your products/services
- Patient-centric interactions and connected hand-offs across continuum
- Promote wellness and health monitoring as fun and rewarding
The business of healthcare is broken, and that’s getting in the way of forward-thinking clinicians who should be optimizing digitally enabled medical advancements. We suggest implementing an event-enabled, services oriented, interoperable semantic layer to reinvent healthcare.
Without the right information management capabilities a definitive path to positive change for healthcare organizations is simply not attainable. They must assemble platforms of integrated tools/components/services that perform in unison to ingest, catalog and analyze all sources of data available.
The complex challenges faced by today’s healthcare organizations are compounded by massive volumes of data emanating from myriad structured and unstructured sources. Anzo uses this structured and unstructured data to build an enterprise knowledge graph for data interoperability, analysis, and insights-driven enterprise business models.