Interested in learning about the analytic capabilities of Anzo Smart Data Lake® (ASDL)? Is your team currently performing an Anzo implementation and you’d like to learn what all the excitement is about? Or maybe you’d like to apply semantic technology at scale implemented in an end-to-end platform. If any of these apply, Anzo Bootcamp is the ideal place to get started. As the name implies, Anzo Bootcamp is an intensive 8-hour course that includes 4 instructor-led sessions, each accompanied by a hands-on lab.
Course Date/ Time: Friday, March 24, 2017, 9 am - 5 pm ET
Course Cost: $1,500 per student
Course Overview: The course begins by arming students with foundational semantic technology concepts and why Anzo leverages them. The introductory module places particular emphasis on comparing and contrasting semantic technologies with relational databases through illustrative examples. With these concepts in place, participants perform standard data management activities leveraging each of the Anzo platform components, including:
- Data Modeling (creating and editing ontologies using Anzo Ontology Editor)
- Data Ingestion, Mapping and Transformation (ingesting data from relational databases and spreadsheets using ASDL Jobs)
- Data Curation and Third Party Analytic Tool Integration (text analytics and data linking using Anzo Unstructured and the Open Data Protocol (Odata) standard to port data to analytics tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, and MS Excel)
- Knowledge Discovery through exploration, visualization, and exploratory analytics of diverse harmonized data (performing analytics and creating rich visuals using Anzo on the Web)
Instructor-led modules and labs leverage a common, complex but intuitive dataset that illustrates the power of the graph model and how data is harmonized. Labs are provisioned in the cloud for each student and can be made available to participants after the course for continued work against lab exercises and the exploration of other features.
Course Package: The course package comprises a cloud instance for lab exercises and a Lab Guide. Extended time within the cloud provisioned lab environment is available. The Lab Guide offers step-by-step instructions to participants to perform hands-on lab exercises and reinforces key concepts on topics covered in the instructor-led modules.
Duration: 8 hours via Webex.
Prerequisites: This class is designed for beginner to intermediate audiences. Resources are available on our website for participants who wish to explore Anzo in advance. Participants are expected to have at least basic familiarity with data management workflow and analysis. Prior exposure to data analysis tools is helpful.
Smart Data Lake
Learn how enterprises create Smart Data solutions, based on the Anzo Smart Data Platform.
An overview of Semantic technologies, including RDF, OWL and Sparql
Recorded sessions that provide architectural and industry perspective
Short videos that demo high-level Anzo platform functionality
Common questions and answers prospects and customers ask about our technology
Course Objectives: At the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of how ASDL can enable you to perform extensive knowledge discovery through harmonization of diverse data
- Address common business analytic use cases
- Build a complex ontology that reflects your business
- Ingest and curate structured and unstructured data for end users
- Publish advanced visualizations to analytic users
- Integrate Anzo with other analytic and machine learning tools
Course Structure: The course comprises instructor-led modules and corresponding lab modules
Module 1: Overview of Anzo Smart Data Lake
- Overview of ASDL
- Why ASDL Uses Semantic Technologies
Overview of Key Concepts Enabling ASDL
- Data modeling (ontology creation)
Lab 1: Data Modeling
- Tutorial on approach to ontology creation
- Lab exercise: Creating ontology using Anzo Ontology Editor
Module 2: Introduction to ASDL Data Science Toolbox
Overview of tools with ASDL
- Function of each tool
- Sample applications and examples
Lab 2: Ingesting Data Using ASDL Jobs
- Tutorial on ingesting data from relational databases and spreadsheets
- Lab exercise: Mapping and ingesting data from a PostgreSQL database
Module 3: Data Exploration and Analysis
- Best practices and solutions approach
- ASDL tools for exploration
Lab 3: Building Dashboards for Exploratory Analysis
- Tutorial on graph traversal
- Tutorial on building lenses and dashboards
- Lab exercise: Answer a dataset-based exploratory analysis question
Module 4: Knowledge Discovery Through Harmonizing Structured and Unstructured Data
- Best Practices
- Anzo Unstructured
Lab 4: Text Analytics and Advanced Dashboarding
- Tutorial on Anzo Unstructured
- Lab exercise: Answer a dataset-based knowledge discovery question
To register for this course, simply fill out the form below and we will be in touch shortly to complete the registration process.