Senior Java Engineer
Cambridge Semantics is seeking a highly skilled outstanding Java Engineer to work on the core of their semantic platform. The successful candidate will be a seasoned java professional with 5+ years of experience. This is an opportunity to join an extremely talented team pioneering Web 3.0 semantic technologies.
- Develop software components and products using Java/J2EE technologies
- Server side Java application development experience
- Knowledge of OSGI specification and containers
- Experience with JMS and Web Services
- Eclipse plugin development not a prerequisite, but an advantage
- Experience writing high-quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Responsible for the detail design documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Semantic Web technologies (RDF, OWL, SPARQL) not a prerequisite, but an advantage
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Energetic and self-starting
This position is located in our Boston, MA office.
About Cambridge Semantics:
Cambridge Semantics Inc. is an industry-leading semantic information management company. Semantic technology is revolutionizing data collaboration & content management within the enterprise and on the Web and is one of the most exciting technological innovations since the advent of the Internet. We are a high-energy, high-tech company that is experiencing rapid growth. Our team comprises some of the world's leading experts in Semantic Web technology.
If you are a motivated, career-oriented individual who is interested in being in on the early stage of a significant opportunity, Cambridge Semantics is the place for you. Additional details about the company can be found at www.cambridgesemantics.com.